Ingredients - Serves 5 persons
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1500 g hammour, cleaned and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 medium onion or 125 g, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small green chili pepper, chopped
- 2 dried limes, cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon
- 1 medium tomato or 150 g, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 ½ cups water or 1125 ml
- 2 ½ cups basmati rice or 500 g, washed
- In a large saucepan, heat oil (reserve 3 tablespoons of oil to cook the rice) and fry fish pieces for 8-10 minutes or until it becomes brown in color and almost cooked. (season fish with salt and pepper) Remove and place in kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
- In a large saucepan, heat the reserved oil and cook onion for 4-5 minutes or until it becomes light brown in color then add garlic, chili, dried lime, coriander, cardamom, black pepper and MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon cubes and then stir for 1 minute.
- Add tomato and tomato paste and stir for 3 minutes then add water and bring to boil.
- Add the fried fish to the pot and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove fish from the pot and set aside.
- Add the rice and bring to boil with constant stirring (add salt to your taste). Simmer while covering the pot over low heat for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Serve rice in a serving plate and topped with the cooked fish pieces.
Save and share this recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.