Recipe for Moroccan Chicken with Green Olives and Lemon. Enjoy traditional Moroccan food.
Active time: 25 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Ingredients - Makes 4 servings
- 2 Meyer lemons or regular lemons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1 4 1/2-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces, skin removed
- 1/2 cup green olives
- Cut 1 lemon into 8 wedges. Squeeze enough juice from second lemon to measure 2 tablespoons; set wedges and juice aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sprinkle with salt and pepper; sauté until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add next 5 ingredients; stir 1 minute. Add broth; bring to boil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Add lemon wedges.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to platter. Add olives and 2 tablespoons lemon juice to skillet. Increase heat to high; boil uncovered to thicken slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Pour over chicken.
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.