Wednesday, May 11, 2011
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Arabic Breakfast recipe. Enjoy tasty breakfast recipes and learn how to make Arabic Breakfast.
Middle Eastern cuisine hits all the right notes with this Arabic breakfast.
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 large eggplant
1 tbs olive oil
2 tbs mint leaves, chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
200g fresh low-fat ricotta
6 baby roma tomatoes, halved
2 small Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways
1/2 cup (about 80g) mixed olives
1 tbs zaatar or sumac (see note)
100g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
2 tbs honey
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
1. Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill to medium-high heat.
2. Cut the eggplant lengthways into 8 thin slices, then lightly brush each side with olive oil. Grill for 2 minutes on each side or until charred. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Stir the chopped mint into the ricotta until well combined, then season well.
4. When eggplant is cooled but still soft, spread a heaped tablespoon of ricotta mixture at the end of 1 slice and roll up to enclose. Continue with remaining eggplant and ricotta mixture. Set aside.
5. Place the eggs in a pan, cover with hot water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5-6 minutes for soft-boiled, then remove and plunge into iced water. Peel, then halve.
6. To serve, divide the eggplant rolls, eggs, tomatoes, cucumber and olives among serving plates. Sprinkle the eggs with zaatar or sumac. Crumble over feta and drizzle with honey. Garnish with extra mint leaves and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Zaatar (a blend of oregano, thyme, sumac and sesame) and sumac (a lemony spice made from ground dried berries) are from Middle Eastern food shops. This casual assembly of delicious little things makes a wonderful weekend brunch. It also goes well with the muhammara and spiced bread.
delicious. - October 2009, Page 133
Recipe by Jill Dupleix
More Middle Eastern Recipes:
Falafel with Avocado Spread
Hummus and Grilled Vegetable Wrap
Quick falafel with cucumber & herb salad (gluten-free)
Save and share Arabic Breakfast Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.