Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Middle eastern lamb & cranberry pizzas recipe
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Middle eastern lamb & cranberry pizzas recipe. Enjoy tasty pizza recipes and learn how to make Middle eastern lamb & cranberry pizzas.
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 1/2 tbs olive oil, plus extra to brush and drizzle
1 onion, chopped
350g lamb mince
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries (Craisins), soaked in a little boiling water for 15 minutes
Two 24cm plain round pizza bases
1 cup (260g) hummus
2 tbs toasted pine nuts*
2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
2/3 cup crumbled feta
Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C.
2. Heat oil over low heat in a frypan and gently cook the onion, stirring, for 12-15 minutes or until it starts to caramelise. Add lamb and cook for 4-5 minutes or until browned. Stir in the cinnamon and drained cranberries and season to taste.
3. Brush the pizza bases with a little extra oil, then heat in the oven for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Spread the pizza bases with the hummus, sprinkle with the mince mixture, then add pine nuts, parsley and feta. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and return to the oven for 2 minutes until warmed through.
5. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze.
* Pine-nuts are available ready-toasted from supermarkets.
delicious. - December 2005, Page 124
Recipe by Valli Little
More Pizza Recipes:
Turkish lamb pizzas with zucchini
Easy Pita Pizzas
Turkish lamb pizza with pumpkin & lentils
Turkish Bread Pizza
Lebanese Pizza - Lahm bi ajeen
Homemade Lebanese Bread Pizza
Save and share Middle eastern lamb & cranberry pizzas recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.