Monday, July 25, 2011
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Baked Borek Recipe. Enjoy quick & easy Middle Eastern food and learn how to make Baked Borek.
For the stuffing
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup spring onions, chopped
1 cup spinach, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
3 cups yellow lentils, cooked
For the dough
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 chilled water
Egg wash (1 egg beaten with 2 tablespoons milk)
Yogurt for brushing
Sesame or black seed for garnishing
Herbed tomato salsa for serving
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add spring onion, stir for 2 minutes until softened.
- Add spinach, tomato and stir for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add lentils, stirring until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the stuffing aside and prepare the dough.
For the dough
- Preheat oven to 170 Celsius degrees.
- Mix flour and salt using an electric mixer on low speed, add vinegar.
- Add water gradually, knead on medium speed until the dough comes together.
- Roll on a lightly flour- dusted surface to a ½ cm thickness, cut into circles (7cm in diameter) using a ring.
- Brush with egg wash. Put a small amount of the stuffing in the centre of each circle and fold one side over the filling, pinch the edges slightly with a fork tip to seal.
- Arrange on a baking tin, brush with yogurt and sprinkle sesame or black seed on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Serve the Borek warm with the salsa on the side.
Source: Chef Osama
More Side Dish Recipes:
Small pies (Manaeish) or Fatayer
Moroccan-spiced lamb triangles recipe
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
Zucchini and haloumi fritters with dill yoghurt dressing
Spinach fatayer recipe
Save and share Baked Borek recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.