Upside-down knuckled grape leaves recipe
|Photo: Upside-down knuckled grape leaves recipe (Chef Osama)|
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Upside-down knuckled grape leaves Recipe. Enjoy the Lebanese Cuisine and learn how to make Upside-down knuckled grape leaves.
1 Kilo beef knuckles, cut into 3 cm thickness
mixed vegetable (carrot, onion, celery), cut into cubes
4 whole cardamom pods
2 bay leaves
2 pieces Mastic
salt and pepper
1/4 cup lemon juice
For stuffed grape leaves
3 cups medium grain rice, washed and drained
1 cup dill, parsley, cilantro, mint leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Salt and pepper
1 cup tomato, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
1 jar grape leaves, rinsed, drained
1 medium onion, sliced
1 medium potato, sliced
- Wash knuckles with salted water, rinse and pat dry.
- Heat around 8 cups of water, add mixed vegetables and spices, bring to a boil, and add knuckles.
- Boil, reduce heat and skim off scum off the top.
- Season with salt and pepper, simmer until knuckles are tender, lift, drain and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Mix rice in a bowl with herbs and spice.
- Add tomato and half the olive oil (Little amount of chopped knuckles can be added to the mixture).
- Lay grape leaf flat on a plate (shiny side down).
- Place about one to two teaspoon of the rice mixture near bottom of the leaf (stem end), the amount of stuffing will depend on the size of the leaves.
- Press stuffing into a small sausage-like shape.
- Fold the sides of the leaf over the filling toward the center, then roll up firmly but not too tight into a cylinder shape.
- Put remaining oil in a pot, Line bottom with the sliced onion and potato.
- Layer rolled leaves in the pot in circular way, make sure to leave a hollow space in the middle to place the knuckles.
- Cut some knuckles into medium cubes after deboning it.
- Distribute them between layered grape leaves.
- Place remaining boned knuckles in the middle of the pot, make sure it?s surrounded with stuffed grape leaves.
- Cover grape leaves and knuckles with stock and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat until boiling, cover and reduce heat, simmer for about an hour or until knuckles are tender and grape leaves are cooked, serve warm.
Source: Chef Osama
More cooking from the Lebanese Recipes Kitchen:
Stuffed Grape Leaves (Warak-Inab)
Waraa' 3inab (stuffed vine leaves)
Malfouf Stuffed Cabbage
Kousa Mahshi Bi Laban
Kousa Mahshi B'banadoura
Save and share Upside-down knuckled grape leaves recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.