Stuffed Vine Leaves Recipe
|Stuffed Vine Leaves|
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Serves: 4 people
½ kg Grape Leaves, washed
1 kg lamb meat, minced
2 cups rice
1 onion, minced
1 tomato, chopped
1 cup parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon margarine
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 cup lemon juice
5 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup mint, fresh
2 cups chicken broth, or meat
- Filling: In a deep bowl mix well meat, rice, onions, tomatoes, parsley and margarine.
- For stuffing: Spread grape leaves with the rough surface up.
- Place in the center of each vine leave small amount of the filling (about a spoonful).
- Fold sides over filling; roll up, starting from narrow end. Do not roll too tightly; rice needs room to expand.
- Place stuffed leaves into a skillet with closely fitted layers of stuffed leaves.
- Place a small dish on top of vine leaves and press it.
- Add mint, garlic and lemon juice to the skillet.
- Add hot broth and cover. Cook over low heat until cooked. Remove cover and let it cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to serving dish and serve.