Harira Soup Recipe
Harira Soup is a famous Moroccan soup that's especially popular during Ramadan. This classic recipe uses tomatoes, chickpeas and lentils. View our recipe below!
For the Soup
Lamb diced 200 g
Knorr Corn Oil (4x5L) 30 ml
Onion, small dice 150 g
Minced ginger 100 g
Knorr Tomato Pronto (6x2kg) 100 g
Water 2 l
Knorr Chicken Bouillon Powder 40 g
Spaghetti Pasta 100 g
Tomato Paste 20 g
Turmeric powder 20 g
Cumin powder 20 g
Knorr Lime Seasoning Powder (12x400g) 10 g
Lentil green, boiled, drained 100 g
Garnish and Presentation
Knorr Lime Seasoning Powder (12x400g)
Coriander Leaves 30 g
For the Soup
- Heat Knorr Corn oil in a large non-stick saucepan, add onion, ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes then add lamb cubes and cook until lamb is brown in colour.
- Add Knorr Tomato Pronto, tomato paste, water and Knorr Chicken Bouillon Powder. Bring to boil and simmer on low heat with occasional stirring for 10 minutes or until lamb is 3/4 cooked.
- Add pasta, cooked lentil, chickpeas, turmeric and cumin, bring to boil and simmer on low heat uncovered with occasional stirring for 10 minutes.
- Mix 30ml of water with the Knorr Lime Seasoning before using on soup.
- Add chopped coriander at the end with little Knorr Lime Seasoning.