Exotic Cod Fish Pilaf Recipe
Known as the Kabseh Samak, the Cod Fish Pilaf is particularly strong in the aroma of its various spices, which brings an exotic flavor, along with its richly appealing presentation, to your dinner table. Adopted from Easy Lebanese Recipes.
Servings 5 | Prep Time 5 15 minutes | Cook Time 30-35 minutes
To Cook The Fish
1.5 Kg Cod Fish Fillet as Brown spotted reef cod
1 cup Onion sliced
4 tsp garlic mashed
1/4 cup Tomato Sauce in can
1 tbsp Water
For the Rice
1 Kg Basmati Rice
1.5 tbsp Fish Seasoning Knorr
5 tbsp butter unsalted
2 tbsp Savoury Rice Seasoning Knorr
1.5 tsp Lebanese 7-Spice
6 cups Water
For Serving & Garnishing
1.5 tsp Lemon & Herb Seasoning Knorr
3/4 cup pine nuts roasted
4-5 tbsp Fresh Cilantro chopped (Optional)
Cooking the Fish
- In a large pan, over medium heat, melt the butter, and cook in the onions and garlic until tender. Mix in the 7-Lebanese spice.
- Season the fish fillet with the Fish Seasoning on both sides, and place it on the cooking onions and garlic. Cook each side for about 1 minute or until pinkish white. Remove it with the onion/garlic mixture and set aside.
Cooking the Kabseh
- In a separate pan, over medium heat, pour the Tomato sauce, add the Savory Rice Seasoning, stir for a minute then mix in the rice and the water.
- Gently place the fish mixture on top of the rice, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover and leave it to simmer on low heat until well cooked.
- NOTE: Cooking time depends on the thickness of the fish fillets you bought. Please adjust the timing accordingly.
- Gently transfer the Fish and rice on a serving platter, using a serving spoon. Sprinkle on the Lemon & Herb Seasoning, followed by the cilantro. Top it all with the roasted pine nuts.