Cauliflower Stew With Tahini Sauce Recipe - How to Make Cauliflower Stew With Tahini Sauce
You are invited to try a delicious Lebanese recipe for Cauliflower Stew With Tahini Sauce. Enjoy a vegetarian Lebanese dish and learn how to make wonderful Cauliflower Stew With Tahini Sauce. This recipe consists of cauliflower, potatoes,onions, garlic, tahini (sesame paste), white vinegar, fresh lemon juic,e pomegranate molasses, orange juice, and sumac. This recipe is posted based on a special request from one of the site followers. It's yummy middle eastern dish...Enjoy!
1 small head cauliflower, cut into medium florets
2 medium potatoes, cut in 1-inch chunks
3 medium onions peeled and thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
6 tbls tahini (sesame paste)
2/3 cup Water
1 tbls white vinegar
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tbls pomegranate molasses
Juice of 1 orange and grated peel (not the bitter white part)
1 tsp salt (to taste)
1 tsp sumac
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until a bread cube dropped into the oil turns light golden after 15 seconds.
- Add half the cauliflower to the hot oil and fry, turning occasionally, for 8 minutes or until light golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Repeat with remaining cauliflower.
- Add potatoes to the hot oil and fry until light golden. Remove and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Add sliced onion to the oil and fry turning occasionally until light golden.
- To make the tahini sauce, place the tahini, and water in a meduim bowl and stir well until smooth. Then, add crushed garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, salt, sumac, orange juice, and grated orange. Stir all ingredients very well.
- Place the tahini sauce in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil stirring frequently.
- Add fried cauliflower, fried potatoes, and fried onion to the sauce then cook over meduim heat for 30 minutes. If the sauce is very thick, you can add a little water and stir.
- Serve hot or cold. (You can also serve it hot with Lebanese Rice).
- The tahini sauce can be made up to 2 days ahead and kept in an airtight container in the fridge.
- The cauliflower can be cut into florets 1 day ahead and kept in an airtight container in the fridge.
Save and share Cauliflower Stew With Tahini Sauce Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.