Lamb couscous burgers with hummus & couscous tabouli recipe
The Lebanese Recipes Kitchen (The home of delicious Lebanese Recipes and Middle Eastern food recipes) invites you to try Lamb couscous burgers with hummus & couscous tabouli recipe. Enjoy Middle Eastern burger recipes and learn how to make Lamb couscous burgers with hummus & couscous tabouli.
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 tbs olive oil
1 red onion, halved, finely chopped
1 tbs Middle Eastern spice (McCormick brand)
250ml (1 cup) cold water
190g (1 cup) couscous
500g lamb mince
1 egg, lightly whisked
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 x 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh mint
1/2 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh continental parsley
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
1 (about 40cm long) Turkish pide, cut crossways into 4 equal portions, each portion split
Mixed lettuce leaves, to serve
200g bought marinated chargrilled eggplant, drained on paper towel, to serve
Bought hummus, to serve
1. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add the spice mix and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the water and bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Add the couscous and stir with a fork to combine. Cover and set aside for 2 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Stir with a fork to separate the grains. Set aside for 2 minutes to cool.
2. Combine one-third of the couscous with the mince and egg in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture into 4 portions and shape into 10cm patties.
3. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook for 3 minutes each side or until brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, combine the remaining couscous, tomato, mint, parsley and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
5. Toast pide. Place 1 pide half, cut-side up, on each serving plate. Top with lettuce, eggplant and patties. Top with a dollop of hummus and serve with remaining pide and tabouli.
Good Taste - March 2004, Page 90
Recipe by Sarah Hobbs
More Middle Eastern Recipes:
Marinated Lamb Kebabs with a Chile-Yogurt Sauce
Marinated Lamb Kebabs
Red Pepper Hummus with Toasted Pita Triangles
Zucchini & haloumi fritters with tabouli
Lebanese sausages (makanek)
Save and share Lamb couscous burgers with hummus & couscous tabouli recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.