Umm Ali with Toast bread Recipe
|Umm Ali with Toast bread|
Umm Ali is the national dessert dish of Egypt. It is a mixture of toast bread or croissant , milk, cream and mixed nuts. Currently this easy and delicious dish is widely spread in Levant Arab.
(Per Serving: approximately 400 g)
Calories: 221 | Fat: 12g | Saturated fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Carbohydrates: 24g | Proteins: 4g
Note: Mixed nuts are not calculated
White toast bread
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup coconut
3/4 cup sugar
1 Cup light cream
1 Liter milk
1 cup thick cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1. In a large saucepan heat the milk then add the light cream. Add sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Remove from heat.
2. Grease the oven dish with part of the thick cream. Trim the crusts off of the toast bread then place it over the thick cream. Add the mixture of milk and ligh cream (step 1).
3. Spread remaining thick cream on top. Make sure not to cover all the upper layer.
4. Garnish with raisins, coconut, and mixed nuts.
5. Place the baking dish in a preheated oven at 200°C until golden brown. Serve immediately.