- 1 cup dried chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- Green hot pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, more to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pimentón, more to taste, optional
- Lemon juice to taste
- Pita chips or raw vegetables, for serving.
- If time allows, soak chickpeas in water to cover overnight; if not, boil in water to cover for 2 minutes, then soak for 2 hours.
- In a pot, combine chickpeas and tomatoes in water to cover and simmer, partially covered, until chickpeas are very tender, adding water if necessary. Drain, reserving a little cooking liquid.
- Combine in a food processor with salt, green hot pepper, garlic, oil, pimentón if using and reserved cooking liquid as necessary to get machine going. Purée, then add lemon juice to taste, along with more oil, pimentón or salt if desired. Serve with pita chips or raw vegetables. (This will keep, refrigerated, for about a week.)
See More Hummus Recipes